10 Reasons Sun Is Good For You
Key West Sunshine is Good For Your Overall Health
Key West Reopened June 1st after COVID-19
We want to tell you the 10 reasons sun is good for you even though everyone knows sunshine makes you happy. Everyone loves the sun. Even back in the Stone Age people knew of the Sun’s strength, even worshiping the strength and power they got from the mighty sun. Sun can heal or hinder a life, depending on your use. Using sunscreen, and you should always use sun block every time you’re out in it. Nothing beats that vacation feeling; walking down Key West’s Duval Street – feeling happy. Well that vacation feeling you have is partly because of sun and how it can affect your mood.
Here are Party in Key West’s 10 reasons why the sun is good for you:
1. Sunlight helps in cases of chronic or acute depression.
2. Sunlight improves your mood and moral Sunlight helps stimulate the synthesis of endorphins (good-feeling hormones). That’s why we get depressed in the cold and dark days of the winter and are happy in the summertime.
3. The sun is good against insomnia. Daytime exposure to sunlight increases the melatonin production during the night. This hormone helps regulate the sleep.
5. As vitamin D and some related compounds impede the development of some cancer cells, we can say the sun fights off this disease. Regular and controlled exposure to the sun has a preventive effect against cancer of colon, breast, leukemia and lymphomas. Under the action of the sunlight, the skin synthesizes vitamin D, which makes possible calcium absorption in the intestine, helping the organism grow strong bones. This way the sun prevents Rachitism (Rickets) in both children and adults and osteoporosis in the elderly.
6. Exposure to the sun strengthens the cardiovascular system. Blood circulation is improved , the pulse, arterial pressure, moderately high glycemia and cholesterol levels can be normalized. Many skin diseases (dermatitis) can be controlled and even cured through controlled exposure to the sun. he sun rays are proven to strengthen the immune system .
7. Sun rays improve liver functioning, being effective in treating jaundice.
8. They help the kidneys with a part of their job, as the sun waves favor the elimination of waste products through the skin, when we sweat.
9. The sun also helps losing weight by increasing the metabolic rate through the stimulation of the thyroid. It also eases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
10. The sun rays also ease the healing of the swollen joints during peaks of inflammation in cases of arthritis.
FEATURED KEY WEST BUSINESS
DO IT ALL WATERSPORTS ADVENTURE by Sunset Watersports855.378.6386
- 13 Watersport Activities
- ADD Parasailing Only $10
- Duration: 6hrs
- Includes: Food & Drinks