Everyone loves the sun! Even back in the Stone Age people knew of the Sun’s strength, even worshiping the strength and power they got from it. Sun can heal or hinder a life, depending on your use. Using sunscreen, you can enjoy all of the strength and power from the sun to your advantage. Here are the 10 reasons why the sun is good for you:
1. Sunlight helps in cases of chronic or acute depression.
2. Sunlight improves your mood and moral Sunlight helps stimulate the synthesis of endorphins (good-feeling hormones). That’s why we get depressed in the cold and dark days of the winter and are happy in the summertime.
3. The sun is good against insomnia. Daytime exposure to sunlight increases the melatonin production during the night. This hormone helps regulate the sleep.
4. Time spent relaxing on the beach can help cure a hangover. Vitamin D, perspiration, and the relaxing sounds of the ocean waves can all help cure your hangover!
5. As vitamin D and some related compounds impede the development of some cancer cells, we can say the sun fights off this disease. Regular and controlled exposure to the sun has a preventive effect against cancer of colon, breast, leukemia and lymphomas. Under the action of the sunlight, the skin synthesizes vitamin D, which makes possible calcium absorption in the intestine, helping the organism grow strong bones. This way the sun prevents Rachitism (Rickets) in both children and adults and osteoporosis in elders.
6. Exposure to the sun strengthens the cardiovascular system. Blood circulation is improved , the pulse, arterial pressure, moderately high glycemia and cholesterol levels can be normalized. Many skin diseases (dermatitis) can be controlled and even cured through controlled exposure to the sun. he sun rays are proven to strengthen the immune system .
7. Sun rays improve liver functioning, being effective in treating jaundice.
8. They help the kidneys with a part of their job, as the sun waves favor the elimination of waste products through the skin, when we sweat.
9. The sun also helps losing weight by increasing the metabolic rate through the stimulation of the thyroid. It also eases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
10. The sun rays also ease the healing of the swollen joints during peaks of inflammation in cases of arthritis.
Hey, it is called HAPPY Hour for a reason, people! Sure, it may be more than an hour long, but it does pretty much guarantee happiness. And what’s not to smile about? You get cheap booze, free bar snacks (some places go all out – not just nachos!), menu specials, and a bunch of people that gather for these goodies to get happy! And, being happy is finding the Best Key West Happy Hour Deals.
Find your favorite Key West Restaurant while on your Key West Party Vacation. Many of our fine island chefs have come from around the world to work (or own) their own restaurant in Key West. Some of the best dining experiences that you will find will be in our amazing little two by five island! That’s why Key West is famous for our fine dining and local island cuisine. Enjoy our plethora of restaurants to choose from or find the local’s favorites. No matter where you eat on our tropical island, you will find the best key west restaurants for your party in Key West vacation. Enjoy!